Head of Growth Marketing
Melodics is a fast growing SaaS startup developing software to help people love learning to play musical instruments.
Melodics was founded by the former CEO of Serato, and has investment from industry heavyweights. We have global distribution agreements in place, and we recently graduated from the 500 Startups accelerator.
We’re a subscription based business approaching 100k registered users and we’re growing fast. We’re looking for a head of growth marketing to help us scale. We’re currently raising our seed round to expand us into new instrument markets beyond our beachhead in electronic music.
This is a rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor of an exciting growth business and help shape the success in a role with wide ranging responsibilities. As the first dedicated hire in the Marketing/Growth area you will decide how the business will approach digital marketing and engagement for the future.
You will look at all the points in the funnel, and work out where we should focus to really move the dial. You will need to work closely with the product team to design experiments that drive conversion, to identify the traits of high value customers, tweak price and product offerings and creating referral campaigns. This is very much a hands on role.
We are looking for someone who has extensive experience pulling together growth marketing strategies leveraging channel development and digital lead generation in a SaaS environment. We’re an early stage business that has have a strong foundation, so we value attitude and willingness to learn over experience. As the person who owns growth, you will be analytical and details focused. You will be methodical and analytical, able to interpret and analyse web and product data in order to inform hypotheses to A/B test.
Your responsibilities include...
- Generate qualified leads. More of them, and more qualified.
- Own and improve key growth metrics e.g. lead gen, conversion, usage, retention
- Looking at the full range of marketing channels from paid acquisition to content marketing, email drip campaigns, social, community building and affiliate programs.
- We view growth as an experiment driven exercise. You will need to Identify opportunities and recommend experiments to improve conversion rates within our customer's lifecycle.
- Developing and leading conversion rate optimisation testing strategies including qualitative and quantitative data analysis, hypotheses development, and implementing AB tests.
- Help us craft our messaging to ensure our product marketing messaging resonate the value we’re delivering to our customers.
- Work with our instrument maker partners to leverage their sales pipelines to generate new customers through great collateral and campaigns.
- Prepare the business to grow by building marketing processes and practices that can scale as new roles are created in the team.
- Develop a program(s) to drive paying subscribers up to higher value plans
- Identify possible opportunities for a referral program to generate viral growth.
- Own our social channels
You’ll need to be great at:
- Building relationships, both internal and external.
- Identifying opportunities that can be optimised in order to unlock exponential growth.
- Conducting qualitative and quantitative analysis (web and product analytics, spreadsheets, surveys, cohort analysis), gathering insights in order to guide decision making.
- Running multiple A/B tests at the same time in a fast paced startup environment.
- Adapting to changing business needs and customer trends.
- Understanding how digital marketing content / creative, direct response, lead generation, and web technologies play a role in driving engagement and conversions.
- Managing many projects at once.
- Explaining complex ideas and solutions.
- Providing subject matter expertise and mentorship for colleagues.
Bonus points if you have:
- An interest in music, music education, game design, persuasive technology or adaptive learning would be beneficial.
- 5+ yrs experience in digital marketing / web strategy in fast-paced digital environments
- 3+ yrs experience running A/B tests
- Ability to wear multiple hats (and totally pull it off)
- Thrive and laugh under pressure
- Creative and able to uncover hidden opportunities
- Entrepreneurial, self-directed
- Assertive, analytical
Melodics is currently a team of 5 but growing quickly. You’ll need to be comfortable with the constantly evolving, multiple hat wearing environment of a rapid growth start up. The position is full time permanent, based at our HQ in Auckland, New Zealand. The package will include a mixture of salary and share options. There is plenty of scope for this role, and it could grow in any number of directions depending on where you excel, where you end will be up to you!
Come join us as we revolutionise music training through technology and content, and take a key role in establishing how we communicate that to the market.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.